Death of Honour Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Raid Preparation

+2
Monks
Lissia
6 posters

Go down

Raid Preparation Empty Raid Preparation

Post  Lissia Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:03 am

Several armies have the motto 'train easy and you fight hard, train hard and you fight easy'. While the training is not military or particularly hard, proper preparation for a raid can be the difference between multiple fruitless wipes and a clean one shot of all the bosses.

Several people commented on my post in continuing 25 man Uld runs and said this was a useful list so I've moved it here and am tidying up a few bits and pieces.

Being raid prepared, this means checking all of these:

• Make sure you have the addons and tools listed in the guild's Raider Requirements. This is by no means definitive - just the bare minimum, you should also have the addons you need for your class/spec. Even if you don’t use it to manage your addons, Curse.com has good lists of raid and class addons.
  • Check Be IMBA to make sure your gear is capable of the raid you're joining, consider both the items themselves as well as the enchantments and gem choices
  • Read the tactics and watch the videos on the bosses. We have some listed out on the guild forum (Naxx Guides, Ulduar Guides) but you can also find these at various sites like Boss Killers
  • Ensure you have enough of the right pots/food/reagents to last a run, it’s also helpful if you have some spares/group foods to hand around. Make sure you get everything repaired before you arrive at the raid and have some spare cash for additional repairs.
  • Be online at least 15 mins before the raid and have the time to take part throughout (normal raid times are 9pm-1am server time). If you are not going to be able to participate for the full raid, make sure the raid organiser knows this.
Hope this is helpful as we get closer to regular Uld 25 man raids.

See you in Azeroth

Lissia
Lissia
Lissia

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Back to top Go down

Raid Preparation Empty Re: Raid Preparation

Post  Monks Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:18 am

thx Lissia fora gr8 post. all of what is sead here is what ppl must do if ppl are not doing any of this then your not get invted to any raids so if ya want to take part plz make the effort as it helps the raid run beter
thx
Monks
Monks

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2009-02-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Grahamlol Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:08 am

and guys while we are just one this raiding talk i would like to ask if people who are better geared plz be paiteint with us under geared people like myselve and adrianus...

but that aside also i would liek to see us do a naxx 25 with atleast 20+ memba's

last week was rather weak

plzpplzplz
Grahamlol
Grahamlol

Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2009-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Grahamlol Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:08 am

and guys while we are just one this raiding talk i would like to ask if people who are better geared plz be paiteint with us under geared people like myselve and adrianus...

but that aside also i would liek to see us do a naxx 25 with atleast 20+ memba's

last week was rather weak

plzpplzplz
Grahamlol
Grahamlol

Back to top Go down

Post  Padz Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:08 pm

If you believe your main is undergeared Graham, then you should play him and not your druid. You're a part of a team and you should atleast try to gear up on your main for the benefit of the guild. So if you expect people to help please consider which of your characters that needs gearing the most in order to benefit the guild.

We don't need more healers now, I estimate we now have 12-14 healers or so with the latest recruitment of healers.
Padz
Padz

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2008-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Wally Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:54 pm

IDD

If we're gonna have Naxx runs i want to know what they're for. The way I see it they're either for:

A)Fun and amusement
B)Gearing people up

If its A) then people are free to bring their alts along, and it shouldn't be expected that people keep their weekly saves for the guild run if they'd rather run with friends outside the guild. If its B) then it needs to be an alt free zone-main raiders only.
Wally
Wally

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2009-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Padz Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:55 pm

I don't mind alts on a gearing up for mains run, Alts should never get prio over a main on a roll, no matter how much loot the main have attained.
Padz
Padz

Back to top Go down

Post  Viktoriya Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:05 pm

Wally wrote:IDD

If we're gonna have Naxx runs i want to know what they're for. The way I see it they're either for:

A)Fun and amusement
B)Gearing people up

If its A) then people are free to bring their alts along, and it shouldn't be expected that people keep their weekly saves for the guild run if they'd rather run with friends outside the guild. If its B) then it needs to be an alt free zone-main raiders only.

Can i add a C?

C) Let Wally Dieeee!!!!

nhaa naxx is always great fun xD i even pug it even to get items ^^ i stil can us some items from naxx 25 for a upgrade. like most people do,

and agree with Padz a main doing Ulduar etc etc should get items first in naxx25, and a alt just join for Upgrading him items also, BUT!! yeaa theres a but xD and noo not Butt*
**The main always goes to raids and a alt not.**

Cheer Viktoriya
Viktoriya
Viktoriya

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2009-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Grahamlol Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:16 pm

well the onli runs that i will benifet from padz is naxx 25 runs - so my druid can get upgrades from any one so why not

my hunter is not undergeared for uld 10 man and is proberly below the sastisfactory level but i aint be ten man uld runs..

so if u have any idea's for my hunter pass them on padz ....

i allready got my rotation and everything sorted so i can see what i need to do.
Grahamlol
Grahamlol

Back to top Go down

Post  Viktoriya Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:18 pm

Grahamlol wrote:well the onli runs that i will benifet from padz is naxx 25 runs - so my druid can get upgrades from any one so why not

my hunter is not undergeared for uld 10 man and is proberly below the sastisfactory level but i aint be ten man uld runs..

i allready got my rotation and everything sorted so i can see what i need to do.

Adri Team 1 ulduar group stil need new dps. because 3 left.... sooo its 1 tip, talk with him,
Viktoriya
Viktoriya

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2009-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Padz Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:27 pm

Grahamlol wrote:well the onli runs that i will benifet from padz is naxx 25 runs - so my druid can get upgrades from any one so why not

Getting enchants and sorting gems is still a concern for you. You've had that head on your hunter as long as I can remember and you haven't bothered getting the head enchant yet?

Also if you want to compare gems. 16 agi provides the same amount of crit as a 14 crit rating gem + 16 ap, which would make it better than 16 crit rating anyday or 8 crit + 8 agi anyday. Also your talents benefits the most from stacking agi, not crit. Crit will come as long as you stack agi.

The one blue gem in your neck you could change for 8 agi + 12sta or 8 agi + 3mp5. Either way would benefit your overall dps and contribution to the raid.
Padz
Padz

Back to top Go down

Post  Grahamlol Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:47 pm

kk yeah i need a new head but the onli one at the moment that i could get would be from naxx 25 man tht is better - as for 10 man uld - i shoukld have a safe spot with adrian couldnt go last nyt dure to rl

cheers padzie

shall do tht , thought the more agila nd crit the better tho ..

i havent been raidiing recently thts why i havent been on my hunter and i am enjoying a diffrent class at 80 as my hunter has been the onli class i have known from pre bc at a caped lvl
Grahamlol
Grahamlol

Back to top Go down

Post  Padz Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:55 pm

This

Hunting Party Rank 3
Increases your total Agility by an additional 3%, and your Arcane Shot, Explosive Shot and Steady Shot critical strikes have a 100% chance to grant up to 10 party or raid members mana regeneration equal to 0.25% of the maximum mana per second. Lasts for 15 sec.

And this

Expose Weakness rank 1-3% depending on your critrate, in most cases 1 point is enough.
Your ranged criticals have a 100% chance to grant you Expose Weakness. Expose Weakness increases your attack power by 25% of your Agility for 7 sec.

if you crit atleast once every 7 seconds your agi gems will be worth 14 crit + 20 ap and add 3% more of both from hunting party., 16 crit only provides 16 crit.
8 agi + 8 crit will provide 15 crit, and 10 ap. and the 3% bonus will only affect agi and the 8 agi. So you lose 1 crit rating to gain higher 10 ap. And in reality you loose less than 1 crit rating. and you gain more than 10 ap.
Padz
Padz

Back to top Go down

Post  Wally Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:43 pm

I'm probably gonna stick to naxx 25 with out of guild friends for now then, since I don't get to play with them much outside of it.

I don't feel obligated to gear people's alts, since it doesn't help the guilds long term progress at all.
Wally
Wally

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2009-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Padz Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:51 pm

No one is asking you to do so Wally.

I don't mind people bringing alts to a 25 man naxx raid if they have no real use for naxx 25 on their main. Also I would not allow alts to gain gear above mains, who are raiders. I wont endorse people who goes on alt because he can use more loot than the main, it's only ok if your main doesn't need loot from the place. I'm not talking 1 or 2 items. more in the line of 4-10 useful items and upgrades.

I would still like to bring my warrior as he could benefit from some tanking gear to his offspec. And ofc random drops of KT, but who wouldn't.
Padz
Padz

Back to top Go down

Post  Grahamlol Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:55 pm

cheers padz al check that when am home at work atm

tht is minted tho am a little confused but all the same love you xD

al have to finish the soon of hodir quest but bar that my enchants are up to date i think
Grahamlol
Grahamlol

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down