Death of Honour Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Achievement Raid - ZG

3 posters

Go down

Achievement Raid - ZG Empty Achievement Raid - ZG

Post  Lissia Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:56 am

Hi all

So you may notice I've put a raid for ZG on GEM for Friday 8pm (UK) / 9pm (Server) - there are no raids planned at the moment so this shouldn't impact anyone regarding 80th level raiding schedules.

This is the start of a series of classic achievement raids (as I haven't done any of the original end game content), though I welcome anyone who wants to do it with an appropriate level alt. I will be trying to work through all the classic raids over the next few weeks (based around my work schedule I'm afraid), so if you fancy doing one, now might be the time to make sure you're attuned for some of the others.

This will be the first raid I've run and as mentioned above I'm not familiar with the content, though I will be reading up as much as possible prior to the raid so that I am prepared, so anyone who has run raids before or knows the content is especially welcome.

As this is outside the usual guild runs, and at a level where a lot of characters may not 'need' items, I will be working loot a little differently, basically I'm prioritizing gear upgrades for lower levels over shards/sales for higher levels:

-> Free roll on epic items (all other items are finders keepers)
-> Any character below 65th gets priority if an item is for their spec (with specless items ignoring this rule)
-> Characters who have won less items get priority

So assuming Touch of Chaos drops and four players roll:

62nd level Warlock (2 item) rolls 82
80th level Rogue (1 item) rolls 75
60th level Mage (0 items) rolls 2
60th level Warrior (1 item) rolls 42

The Rogue would win against the Warrior as neither are the right spec and the rogue had the higher roll. The Warlock would beat both as is below 65th and is the right spec (despite the higher win total), however the Mage takes the item, despite the awful roll, as is also the correct spec but has won fewer items.

Hopefully this should be fun and a chance to re-visit old territory or (in my case) see some of the dramatic fights I missed out on earlier.

If all goes well with these I may well continue onto bc heroics then raids next.

Hope to see you Friday.

Lissia
Lissia
Lissia

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Back to top Go down

Achievement Raid - ZG Empty Re: Achievement Raid - ZG

Post  Adrianus Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:52 am

its good to see some other activities than naxx or os

i never did any of the pre tbc raids aswell and i would like to Smile

im usually out friday so ill prolly need to take a raincheck on this one
Adrianus
Adrianus

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2008-12-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Poshboots Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:30 am

This is a great idea Lissia that I really welcome - in fact I was toying with the idea of suggesting the very same thing myself but hesitated because of the potentially heavy raiding schedule.

I too missed out on alot of TBC end game raid content beyond Serpentshrine Cavern (not so much original WoW) so I'd really welcome the opporunity to sign up for Tempest Keep, Black Temple and Mount Hyjal in due course when we have a bit of space to accomodate them.

I'm sure lots of other guildies will be equally keen.

Posh drunken
Poshboots
Poshboots
Field Marshall

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2008-10-17

Back to top Go down

Achievement Raid - ZG Empty Achievement Raid - ZG

Post  Lissia Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:10 am

Just a quick note to say thanks to those who ran this for turning up and for making this a success.

Thanks also for reigning in (despite how generally easy the bosses were to defeat) and allowing me to get a bit more used to leading a raid. As I hope to lead BC and eventually WotLK raids I wanted to cut my teeth on something easy to begin with where any mistakes weren't going to cost us wipes.

Thanks again

Lissia
Lissia
Lissia

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down