Death of Honour Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hunter Info (beware)

4 posters

Go down

Hunter Info (beware) Empty Hunter Info (beware)

Post  Guest Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:51 pm

Hey all Smile thought i'd just share some of my own hunter knowledge to help dps since, ofc hunters are the best dps in the game Wink.

General new stuff.

Hit Cap: Now since hit rating counts as less % ratio wise we will need about 198 (if that includes the MM 3% which is highly reccomended till better gear is achieved at Naxx HC etc) to be fully hit capped. Im only at about 177 so i am only hit capped if those blessed Draenei's are present with there +1% hit, this should be main focus to be capped since missing is very bad!
Crit Chance: Hard to attain a high crit unbuffed without the MM +10% ( joy to us Very Happy ) or SV 3% so id reccomend gemming agi / crit gems or AP / crit gems.

Specs

Well, 3 main specs for hunters MM, BM and SV which everyone knows about. I've been told BM is the best spec currently with a decent shot rotation and pet choice / spec, when i tried out BM it was very hard to achieve a high dps if you had a low lvl Exotic pet (must have if BM Spec) and you must have Heart of the Pheonix since a BM pet should be contributing around 40% of your overall damage so do not let it die, so thats me counted out Rolling Eyes .
This is the spec my friend reccomended for me which includes the 3% hit but maintains a high dps.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=ctbMzxtRauoestceVb

Although it misses a few points in some areas it still supplies some of the crucial talents which push a bit more dps such as cobra / serpent strikes and longevity.

MM is a middle-ish spec, i find it easier to play since its not pet reliant as much so if your not an animal lover its a pretty good spec to choose since it concentrates on increasing the hunters individual damage. Silence shot is not a necessity for raiding , same as aimed shot, but can be very useful if there is only one MM hunter to have it on certain bosses. It gives a +10% crit bonus which is very useful and the Trueshot Aura which is a raid wide beneficial buff for all classes so MM is a viable spec. Current spec im using gives the beneficial MM points but gives me 30% extra RAP from Dragonhawk with BM spec and some extra crit and damage stuff from SV.

Current spec im using is ( in my view ) pretty good i can get 3k+ dps with raid buffs and using rotation ( Serpent, Steady, Auto repeat + chimera )

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=ctbMzZceVoMVzMeoxhAox00b

SV spec , the last one i swear Wink , is pretty hard to access a high dps since it can have a bit of a complicated shot rotation what with the explosive shot. It mainly concentrates on raw agility increase and crit and offers some raid wise mana boosts (hunting party). I've heard its the hardest spec to play but is 2nd to BM in dps since you tend to keep a high mana % and SV hunters are very good for long fights and cna sustain dps rather than MM which is quite alot of burst damage and tends to include a bit of mana burning. The spec i have used is deep SV since it has alot of crucial talents that need accessing.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=cbZceV0MZe00iozIhxhA0ct

Im no expert in SV spec though so feel free to deviate and experiment Wink

Macros

I have managed to haggle with a friend of mine in Pentaverate to giveme some of his macro's he uses to make hunters the easiest class to play ever Wink i get called a 1 button spammer ALL the time from my friends pirat

This one is a Steady Shot Macro with an automatic Kill Command trigger and pet ability trigger such as Rabid.

#showtooltip Steady Shot
/console Sound_EnableSFX 0
/cast !Auto Shot
/cast Steady Shot
/click [target=pettarget,exists] MultiBarBottomLeftButton12
/console Sound_EnableSFX 1
/script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()

This one you will put wherver u put your normal steady shot and spam it the whole fight excluding Serpent Sting / Rapid fire etc.

You then put:

CAT
#showtooltip Kill Command
/cast [target=pettarget,exists] Kill Command
/cast [target=pettarget,exists] Rabid
/cast [target=pettarget,exists] Rake
/cast [target=pettarget,exists] Claw

DEVILSAUR
#showtooltip Kill Command
/cast [target=pettarget,exists] Kill Command
/cast [target=pettarget,exists] Rabid
/cast [target=pettarget,exists] Monstrous Bite
/cast [target=pettarget,exists] Bite

depending on which pet you have ( if you have a different one you can alter the pet attacks if you have a different one ) you put this Macro at the end of Action Bar 6 ( i will post a Screenshot soon of where to put it since i struggled with it a little.)

And this one is brilliant if you have Improved Tracking (first tier of SV spec) since it automatically will change what creature type your tracking eg Undead to match that of the creature you are targetting and it will also apply a hunters mark on if you click it twice, i use this instead of the hunters mark spell since it increases damage by 5% with that Improved Tracking.

/stopmacro [noexists]
/run for i=1,GetNumTrackingTypes() do local n, t, a, c = GetTrackingInfo(i); if string.find(n, UnitCreatureType("target")) then if t~=GetTrackingTexture(i) then SetTracking(i); end end end
/cast Hunter's mark

just name your macro hunters mark and replace where your original hunters mark was.

Feel Free to contact me if there are problems, god knows how many times i had to ask how to sort it Razz

Glyphs, Gems and Enchantments

Glyph wise i am using only Major Glyphs since i am lazy and havn't really been researching or trying out many minor Glyphs.

General Glyphs to Have are:
Glyph of Steady Shot (major)
Glyph of Serpent Sting (major)

These are best for the general shot rotation of Serpent Sting, (Steady Shot, Auto Shot)x repeat + Chimera shot if you are MM or Explosive if you are SV. Arcane Shot i think will play more of a part in Hunters in the next patch when the mana cost has been brought down to the same mana cost as Steady Shot. For BM Specced Hunters Glyph of Beastial Wrath is a must have because ithas a 20 second timer reduced so i think you end up having about 1 min timer on Beastial Wrath. If anyone has any info on minor glyphs that can either increase DPS or survival rate please post on here or just /w me in game Smile

Gem Wise the only Meta Gem a hunter should use is the +21 Agility and +3% Crit Damage, choose the one depending on your current gems since there are 2 kinds of the gem which require different colours of gem. Other Gems for normal gem slots i would reccomend gemming Agility / Hit and pure Hit Gems if you are not hit capped since that should be your priority as a hunter. For Blue slots Agility / Stamina gems are the best especially for SV hunters and for Red or Yellow slots if you are hit capped put in Pure Agility red gems or Agility / Crit gems OR Agility / Attack Power gems Smile

Enchant Wise for Bracers its Attack Power all the way either the +38 or +50 depending on rareity and how good they are. Chest should always be +Stats, 8 or 10, Gloves should be either Agility or Attack Power depending on how much crit you have, if its low use Agility. Boots actually you can deviate from the normal Attack Power / Agility trend and put Fortitude on if you like depending on your HP etc, your choice Wink. Head Enchant you should get from The Knights of Ebon Hold rep, 50 ap and 20crit i think it is - So get that tabard asap above the Wyrmcrest One, pretty mounts can come next Razz . Shoulder Enchant should be from Sons of Hodir rep the 40ap and 10crit is the optimal one to have, It may take a while but it is totally worth it! Leg wise you should ALWAYS get Attack Power and Crit leg enhancement, god knows how many hunters i have seen running around with 30 stamina and 10 agility because of the agility Razz. The Eternium Belt Buckle is great to have on a belt that you will keep for a while.

Weapons:
Weapon enchants will all depend on whether you have either 2h weap or 2x 1h weaps. Due to the new attack power enchants on weapons that are available, depending on your crit, it is best to have +agility on one 1h weap and +50 Attack Power on the other, the best of both worlds Smile. For a 2h weapons you should have +110 Attack Power since it contributes alot more and adds more dps than the pure agility one, although this should also depend on your crit chance - be sure to take crit into the equation before deciding on any Attack Power enchantments. Intellect was previously used on a 1h weapon in TBC however since we can have around 12 - 13k mana buffed it shouldnt be neccessary Smile

Now i think i will stop typing since i think my finger blisters have blisters themsleves and my brain has turned to mush Razz i might add some stuff later when my brain recovers Wink

Xx Cal I love you

Last edited by Calena on Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Hunter Info (beware) Empty Re: Hunter Info (beware)

Post  Evilrazor Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:59 pm

Nice post Cal. Cool

But i think u have switched the head and shoulder enchant. clown
Sons of Hodir is the shoulder enchant and Ebon Blade is non-caster dps head enchant

Evilrazor

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-12-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:14 pm

haha true i realised that as soon as a flew over to Ebon Hold to get a new shoulder enchant the other day and found out i couldnt get one Crying or Very sad Ill change it just for you Razz

Cal Xx I love you

Back to top Go down

Hunter Info (beware) Empty argh

Post  Padz Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:42 pm

What's up with all the smileys?
Padz
Padz

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2008-12-16

Back to top Go down

Hunter Info (beware) Empty Trust Padz

Post  Mortisiria Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:15 pm

Whats wrong with smilies Sad Question

You're such a kill joy Padz Evil or Very Mad

jocolor king farao study elephant

Mortisiria

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:41 pm

Padz wrote:What's up with all the smileys?

scrooge... Razz

Back to top Go down

Post  Grahamlol Wed May 27, 2009 11:10 am

love u darling lol

more knowledge than i know what to do with Razz

cheers for the advice aas well btw was httin 2.7 last ngight when u left I love you I love you
Grahamlol
Grahamlol

Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2009-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down