Death of Honour Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UI Changes

3 posters

Go down

UI Changes Empty UI Changes

Post  Lissia Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:53 pm

So I've been in discussion over the last few day with Graham and other about updates and some serious overhauling of my UI and thought I'd share some screenshots of the results so far and what I was aiming to achieve.

This all started while I was scanning through Elitist Jerks and came across this thread. Though my design and the thread are aimed at rogues I'd be surprised if some of this isn't helpful to other classes (and if EJ don't have similar threads in their other class forums).

The heart of why I did this is to improve my performance as a player and to make my life easier (I know some slate me for the amount of 'lazy' addons I have, but why make your life more difficult?). These changes at first look largely cosmetic and in a sense that is true, you'll also notice that a number of my addons and the information they provide go away or at least become less intrusive if they're not going to be needed.

What I was aiming for was a greater concentration of the important information at the centre of my screen (where my eyes are normally focused) and less clutter in general to help improve my spacial awareness in game and avoid distraction.

I've linked the screenshots as the forum doesn't show all of images this wide - these highlight which addons are producing the onscreen effects:

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3

All the addons I use can be downloaded from Wow Interface or Curse

For anyone planning to make changes to thier UI I'd suggest you give yourself a bit of time to make adjustments and to tweak settings and profiles as getting mine to the current state after I'd downloaded the addons took a few hours.

I'm not done with my changes yet - for one thing I'd like to have my agro meter more easily visible during a fight - but let me know what you think or any questions or suggestions you have.

Lissia
Lissia
Lissia

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Back to top Go down

UI Changes Empty Re: UI Changes

Post  Grahamlol Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:18 pm

cheers lissia - with my rouge i have already noticed the diffrence - as now i can easly keep track off all things

nice one with icehud by though i dont fully understand - al get the low down tonyt Razz

might look into a new ui for my hunter as am using the basic's at the moment as it is easier than barternder for pet and so on
Grahamlol
Grahamlol

Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2009-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Gilla Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:59 pm

Thanks lissia...you gave me the kick in ass i needed to get my ui customized the way i like it. I used dominoes and also included a view port (sunn) and a cooldown timer as i have realised in combat spec you really need to blow them as soon as they are up and forget about waiting for heroism etc as none of the rogue cooldowns stack with it. I used need to know to track my DoTs. Would be nice if others were to post their ui's so others in the guild can see what is out there and what options they have.

UI Changes Scren_15
Gilla
Gilla

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2009-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Lissia Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:15 am

Great post gilla - I'd love to see other people's set ups, just a quick question - what is the cooldown timer that pops up 'killing spree ready' in the pic?
Lissia
Lissia

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Gilla Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:42 am

It's called just 'cooldown timers 2' downloaded from cusre...its only new and i havnt actually raided with it...but i think it will be usefull
Gilla
Gilla

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2009-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum