Death of Honour Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Great Naked Gnome Race

+3
Monks
Wally
Lissia
7 posters

Go down

Great Naked Gnome Race Empty Great Naked Gnome Race

Post  Lissia Sun May 03, 2009 12:07 am

Okay we are set for Tuesday 7pm (I didn't want to eliminate the chance of raiding which is why it isn't 8pm).

You will need to send me 10g and a note confirming your racer's name to take part (so create the alt first) - the cash will form the prizes with 1st worth 70%, 2nd 20% and 3rd 10% of the total.

On race/class/names - you will need to create a 1st level alt - any class is fine but you must be a Gnome (sorry Monks). Could I also suggest names with a race-<main> style so mine would be 'RaceLissia'.

The course: We will be running from Anvilmarr (just north of the Gnome starting area), the steps down to the inside will form the starting line. The race will finish in Menethil Harbour (the steps into the keep will be the finish line). All participants will be added to a raid for this event.

I will provide each give the letter (sent to Lissia earlier) with their gnome's name on it back at the start of the course, the first person to give me it back in Menethil will be the winner.

I have to allow some level of trust here as I cannot possibly control for all of this but as this is just a bit of fun hopefully everyone will enter into the spirit of the event.

The rules:
No equipment - all participants should have empty bags and be stripped of gear (including weapons)
No flight point use - no setting up your gnome with the IF-Menethil flight path
No hearthstone use - no setting up your gnome with the 'home' as the inn in Menethil
All resurrections at your corpse (not the spirit healer) - you must run the whole course
No Support - no having a friend come along to ensure you're safe from all the nasty mobs and definitely no warlock summons
My decision on any question during or regarding the race is final Razz

If I think of anything else I'll add it soon
Lissia
Lissia

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Back to top Go down

Great Naked Gnome Race Empty Re: Great Naked Gnome Race

Post  Wally Sun May 03, 2009 12:20 am

Just like making a PROPER gnome-pink hair should be compulsory.
Wally
Wally

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2009-01-28

Back to top Go down

Great Naked Gnome Race Empty Other considerations

Post  Lissia Sun May 03, 2009 3:12 am

The more perceptive among you may notice that I've ended the race at a port, meaning the next race could be anywhere! Don't delete your race characters as I will be setting up more races!

Great Naked Gnome Race Start2

Great Naked Gnome Race Finish2
Lissia
Lissia

Back to top Go down

Post  Monks Sun May 03, 2009 4:42 am

sorry that i cant make it as (apart from being a dirty gnome) i think it will be a gr8 thing to do lol
Monks
Monks

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2009-02-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Bacou Sun May 03, 2009 6:03 pm

Man!!!...I'm so sad that i can't come to the race...sounds like a lot of fun Smile
Bacou
Bacou

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Summonus Sun May 03, 2009 6:30 pm

Sounds very fun, not sure if i will be attending though as some RL stuff is the same day
Summonus
Summonus
General/admin

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2008-04-12

http://deathofhonour.mono.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Grahamlol Tue May 05, 2009 2:57 pm

gutted i agreed to work today !!! noo!!!!!

make it another night Razz
Grahamlol
Grahamlol

Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2009-03-13

Back to top Go down

Great Naked Gnome Race Empty Pre-raid racing

Post  Lissia Tue May 05, 2009 9:45 pm

Due to general unavailability I have moved this to tomorrow (wed) at 7.30 so we should be clear before the raid
Lissia
Lissia

Back to top Go down

Great Naked Gnome Race Empty Man that was fun...

Post  Vortus Wed May 06, 2009 9:59 pm

Thanks dude for getting this going Smile

I had a lot of fun Razz and learned a thing or two Smile

Keep up the fun Very Happy I have some ideas as well, we'll see if they go through Smile

Vortus

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-01-25

Back to top Go down

Great Naked Gnome Race Empty Gnomes lined up for racing

Post  Lissia Thu May 07, 2009 11:00 am

As the race began Racefourlife took an early lead, pot belly bouncing as the racers entered the tunnels north of Anvilmar and though the Rockjaws tried to stop them our valiant racers plowed on regardless.

Great Naked Gnome Race Picture1

As they cleared the path, different routes were taken by each of the racers and Racefourlife moved into a substantial lead heading across the snow packed hills of Dun Morogh, retaining his lead up into the North Gate Pass. Bustánut chose perhaps the most interesting route, stopping to see the sights of Kharanos before once more powering ahead

Through the pass and after a brief moment in Loch Modan the race remained close but Racefourlife maintained his advantage.

Great Naked Gnome Race Picture2

Exiting the tunnels Racefourlife chose an interesting tactic and dove off the side of the mountain to avoid the orcs looming in the canyon ahead and Imalilgnum seeing Racefourlife might forge further ahead dove off with him. The fall ended well for Raceforlife, with a few quick bounces he was into the wetlands, Imalignum fared less well dying halfway down the mountain and making his corpse run significantly more challenging.

Bustánut chose the more conventional route and seemed surprisingly untroubled by the orcs, perhaps they too were griped with the tension and chose merely to spectate.

It was a pity for Raceforlife that the spiders were not so obliging, scientific studies report their arachnid brains are unable to comprehend such a spectacle. With the spiders dogging his steps Raceforlife was slowed significantly and Bustánut was able to make up significant time moving smartly into 2nd while Imalignum searched desperately for his corpse.

With just the crocodiles between him and victory Raceforlife seemed destined to win, but he failed to spot the log shaped death as it raced towards him and hamstrung by the pointy toothed menace he fell into second. Bustánut now was assured of victory, but no, the crocs were working in pairs! Imalignum moved into first as the other competitors struggled to pass the reptilian saboteurs.

The bass roar of an engine floated out across the marsh as Themonks pulled up to provide the referee a lift to the finish and as the race came to a conclusion cries of collusion and assistance began, a shame things ended this way, but in keeping with the F1 level of tension. A thorough stewards inquiry has been held and we have determined that no assistance was provided nor requested and so the results on the day stand:

In first place: Imalilgnum (also winning the 'look before you leap' award)
In second place: Racefourlife (also winning the 'toys exit pram' award)
and in third place: Bustánut (also winning the 'tourist sightseeing' award)

Great fun guys, hope you're up for the next one

Very Happy
Lissia
Lissia

Back to top Go down

Post  Grahamlol Thu May 07, 2009 11:16 am

cheat - monks cheated so i shiould win ! - not fair ! (A)
Grahamlol
Grahamlol

Back to top Go down

Post  Grahamlol Thu May 07, 2009 1:15 pm

think our next one should be money 15g buy in with starting in coldridge to scarlet monestry , and they winner gets a lift back by monks Razz rest have to walk Razz

all rpoceed to the gb - wel maybe a 10g buy in
Grahamlol
Grahamlol

Back to top Go down

Post  Monks Thu May 07, 2009 3:22 pm

lol a lift what am i a taxi or something lol Razz
Monks
Monks

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2009-02-12

Back to top Go down

Great Naked Gnome Race Empty A note on cheating

Post  Lissia Fri May 08, 2009 1:07 am

Grahamlol wrote:cheat - monks cheated so i shiould win ! - not fair ! (A)

This from the guy who was level 2 before the race started and sat eating at one point despite instructions to have empty bags...

In any case I refer you to:

The rules:
My decision on any question during or regarding the race is final
Lissia
Lissia

Back to top Go down

Post  Grahamlol Fri May 08, 2009 11:02 am

ehh lool i never noticed that rule and numthign said i couldn'tlevel plus i need top be lvl 2 since am onli lvl 2 and was leadign the race thro most of it =)
Grahamlol
Grahamlol

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down