Death of Honour Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DoH Scavenger Hunt 2, trashtalk reloaded

2 posters

Go down

DoH Scavenger Hunt 2, trashtalk reloaded Empty DoH Scavenger Hunt 2, trashtalk reloaded

Post  Lissia Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:22 am

The hunt will be take place from 7pm to 8pm on Sunday 13th Sept (Server time). For those not familiar with the concept scratch, basically you receive a list and are asked to collect as many of the items on it as you can in a given time frame, points are then scored for each item and the winner is the person/team with the highest score. Note I have reduced the duration to just 1 hour, so you'll have more than enough time to get ready for the raid (plus I wont have to sort through quite so many mails)

The details from the last event can be seen here which should give you a good idea of the types of items you'll need to collect (though it will obviously be a different list) as well as the glory associated with victory - Monks and Diablo should savor the last few days in which they'll bear the title:

DoH Scavenger Hunt 2, trashtalk reloaded 72307b6657e2b4474f318824d6bbeb86
unless they win again that is...

You're welcome to enter as an individual or as part of a team and you are welcome to use any
means you can think of to obtain the items you need including:

• The AH
  • The GB (as long as you pay for them)
  • Grinding
  • Begging in trade
  • Sending from alts
Using websites such as wowhead.com and thottbot.com is also allowed (even encouraged). All items will be
returned to sender once I have totted up the points.

Entry

Sign up is available on GEM, or if you respond to this post I'll add you, if you have to you can send me a mail in game (to Lissia) and I'll add you as well. Teams or individuals are welcome to compete, if you're part of a team just let me know before the start so that I count up your points together.

Prizes

For every player or team involved there will be a prize fund of 200g (as long at there is more than 1) up to a maximum of 1000g. The prize fund will be split as follows:

• 1st Place = 70%
  • 2nd Place = 20%
  • 3rd Place = 10%

The List

I'll post the list of items you need to collect at 7pm (ST) on Sunday below this post.

Submissions

Eventmarshal will be running the event so all items should be sent to him. I will check his mail at 9pm ST (1 hour from the end of the hunt) - any submissions arriving after this will not be counted so make sure you’ve sent me everything you’ve managed to collect by 8pm. I will not accept submission in person so don’t come looking for me and opening trade windows.

Security

I’ve tried to make sure the items in the list are predominantly low cost/value, we've done this before and others can confirm I returned all items at the end of the event. That said if you have any concerns about sending me an item I encourage you not to send it - better to protect your stuff on WoW than trust someone else when you are unsure. I will not be taking part nor will I be discussing the list with anyone else.

Adjudication

Questions on point totals will be decided by me and I will not be entering into discussions, I will also not discuss why certain items are included/not included.

Depending on the level of participation it may take me some time to calculate the totals so please do not whisper me or spam the guild channel for results as this will slow me down (also I’ll deduct 2 points per comment I see from your score Mad ). I'll also deduct points for a variety of 'annoying the adjudicator' actions (i.e. sending me 20 x the same item: Monks, Diablo - you have been warned)

Hope this will be as fun as the last one, cya Tuesday!

Lissia

Last edited by Lissia on Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:30 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Updated)
Lissia
Lissia

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Back to top Go down

DoH Scavenger Hunt 2, trashtalk reloaded Empty The List

Post  Lissia Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:23 am

reserved for the list...
Lissia
Lissia

Back to top Go down

DoH Scavenger Hunt 2, trashtalk reloaded Empty Re: DoH Scavenger Hunt 2, trashtalk reloaded

Post  Lissia Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:32 am

That's right it's back on - get yourself ready for hunting, begging, stealing and general mad dashes to find things Very Happy
Lissia
Lissia

Back to top Go down

DoH Scavenger Hunt 2, trashtalk reloaded Empty Re: DoH Scavenger Hunt 2, trashtalk reloaded

Post  Sarabande Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:41 am

Thx Lissia, for putting so much effort into the guild. Hopefully i can participate sometime.
Sarabande
Sarabande

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-12-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down